I know I haven't written up any shows in forever. But I needed to write about the Arrow midseason finale. And the Constantine midseason finale was also pretty bad-ass.
Arrow - The Climb: So much happened in this episode, but the show didn't just rush through things, it gave us some amazing moments between characters, the best of which was with Oliver and Felicity. I loved that she didn't ask him to stay - she knew this was bigger than them. And I loved that he couldn't walk away without finally saying those three words. Oliver's goodbyes were heart-wrenching, and then the ending left me in shock. Shows need to stop driving sharp implements through the chests of my favorite characters. I'm still trying to process it. Overall grade: A
Constantine - The Saint of Last Resorts, Part 1: I didn't really need to see another character I really like bleeding out and left to die... That being said, it was quite a good episode. We finally got a more substantial hint at Zed's backstory, Chas was back, Anne Marie was a great character, the villain was creepy, and we also finally learned what the Rising Darkness is up to, and who's behind it. And somehow the episode managed all that plot-dumping without really seeming to slow down for the most part. Overall grade: B+
No comments:
Post a Comment